POLICE FITNESS CHALLENGE WEEKEND
OCTOBER 2, 2021
We’re planning a BIGGER AND BETTER
POLICE FITNESS CHALLENGE
ARE YOU UP FOR
Police Fitness Challenge Rules and Tips
- Every runner is responsible to fully understand and know the Race Rules prior to event.
- Race officials have the final say in all aspects of the race.
- Registration fees are non refundable. Substitutes are accepted.
- Race is designed to be rain or shine. But in the case of severe weather or natural disasters, Police Fitness reserves the right suspend, modify, or cancel the activities on behalf of the health and safety of competitors, organizers and spectators.
- This course has hazards that may include; uneven terrain, hills, obstacles over 13 feet high, and possible mud or water.
- Follow all signs, markings and directions along the course.
- Safety is most important. Course obstacles may be hazardous. Race is designed to push you to your limits. You do not have to complete any obstacle that you are uncomfortable with.
- Notify race staff if you are injured at any time. EMTs will be on site.
- Participants assume all responsibility for any and all medical expenses incurred during this event.
- The minimum age to participate is 13 years of age on race day.
- Participants must attempt every obstacle to be considered for prizes.
- Participants are encouraged to help others when needed.
- Obstacles must be completed in the manner in which they are designed to be completed. If you do not understand how to do an obstacle, please ask the staff at the obstacle and then follow instructions.
- Be courteous and let faster participants pass.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- Participants must wear bibs facing forward with numbers visible.
- Shoes are required. No cleats or spikes.
- No drugs allowed on the premises. Anyone found under the influence will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit all race fees.
- Photographers and videographers will be on site. Participants agree to allow Police Fitness to use images or video footage for promotional purposes.
- Remember to properly warm up…hydrate prior to, during, and after event…and prepare yourself mentally to accept this Challenge! Most importantly bring a great attitude and be ready for an awesome day!
- Spectators are only allowed in designated areas.
- Clean up all trash.
- No outside coolers.
- No drugs or alcohol on the premises.
The 3rd Annual Police Fitness Challenge is a full-day of fun, music, and activities.
The updated Challenge course is a multi-obstacle, running event, that is both inspiring and challenging.
Each person registered receives a Police Fitness T-shirt and a ticket to the Saturday night Police Fitness charity concert featuring Uncle Kracker!
Sat, Oct. 2, 10:00am : Open Challenge
The Open Challenge* is now an individual event (you can still run with a partner or group – see registration “group comments”). The Open course has been redesigned with additional obstacles, but is still 3+ miles and is available for ages 13 and over (under 18 requires a parent or guardian signature). Note: The first hour of the Open Challenge will be reserved for highly competitive individuals who indicate during their registration that they expect to compete for a podium finish. For the Open Challenge, we encourage both elite participants AND those who intend to run a more moderate pace or even walk the course.
Sat, Oct. 2, 2:00 pm: Fun Run/Walk One Mile Challenge
The Police Fitness Fun Run/Walk supports our local First Responders and our brand new Fitness Center. Participants WILL get a PF Challenge T-shirt AND a ticket to the Uncle Kracker concert on Saturday night! This ONE-MILE run/walk has completely optional challenge elements and should have little or no water or mud (we can’t predict the weather!).
Sat, Oct. 2, 12:00 noon till 3:00 pm: Junior ROTC Obstacle & Ropes Challenge
Four-person Team Event available only to active Junior ROTC personnel which includes a ropes component. To register for the Junior ROTC Challenge, DO NOT register at the link below, instead, email Steve George at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mr. George at 276-728-2125.
Students: Students will compete during the Open Challenge only – no tactical component.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION: The Open Challenge onsite registration is available from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Special Requests: If you would like to participate and have a special need, contact us at email@example.com and we will make every effort to address your request(s).