POLICE FITNESS CHALLENGE WEEKEND
has been cancelled for 2020. Join us
OCTOBER 20-21, 2021
for and even BIGGER AND BETTER
POLICE FITNESS CHALLENGE
ARE YOU UP FOR
The 3rd Annual Police Fitness Challenge Course is a 3+ mile, multi-obstacle, tactical*, 2-person TEAM event that is fun, inspiring, and of course, challenging. *Note: there is no tactical component for the Open Challenge on Sunday.
Sat, Oct. 3: Police & Military Challenge Begins on Saturday at 9:00 am. 2-person Team Event available only to active law enforcement or active/reserve military personnel. (Includes tactical component)
Sun, Oct. 4: Open Challenge The Open* begins Sunday at 10:00 am. 2-person Team Event for anyone 14 and over (under 18 requires a parent or guardian signature)
Student team: Student Team will compete on Saturday or Sunday depending on student’s duty-status. 2-person Team Event
Individuals: If you would like to participate but do not have a teammate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to pair you with another participant.
Address for obstacle course: 1973 Skyline Highway • Galax, VA 24333
Police Fitness Challenge Rules and Tips
- Every runner is responsible to fully understand and know the Race Rules prior to event.
- Race officials have the final say in all aspects of the race.
- Registration fees are non refundable. Substitutes are accepted.
- Race is designed to be rain or shine. But in the case of severe weather or natural disasters, Police Fitness reserves the right suspend, modify, or cancel the activities on behalf of the health and safety of competitors, organizers and spectators.
- This course has hazards that may include; uneven terrain, hills, obstacles over 13 feet high, and possible mud or water.
- Follow all signs, markings and directions along the course.
- Safety is most important. Course obstacles may be hazardous. Race is designed to push you to your limits. You do not have to complete any obstacle that you are uncomfortable with.
- Notify race staff if you are injured at any time. EMTs will be on site.
- Participants assume all responsibility for any and all medical expenses incurred during this event.
- The minimum age to participate is 14 years of age on race day.
- Teams must start and finish together.
- Teams must attempt every obstacle to be considered for prizes.
- Team members may assist each other on all obstacles and are encouraged to help other teams.
- Obstacles must be completed in the manner in which they are designed to be completed. If you do not understand how to do an obstacle, please ask the staff at the obstacle and then follow instructions.
- Be courteous and let faster teams pass.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- Participants must wear bibs facing forward with numbers visible.
- Shoes are required. No cleats or spikes.
- No drugs or alcohol allowed on the premises. Anyone found under the influence will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit all race fees.
- Photographers and videographers will be on site. Participants agree to allow Police Fitness to use images or video footage for promotional purposes.
- Remember to properly warm up…hydrate prior to, during, and after event…and prepare yourself mentally to accept this Challenge! Most importantly bring a great attitude and be ready for an awesome day!
- Spectators are only allowed in designated areas.
- Clean up all trash.
- No outside coolers.
- No drugs or alcohol on the premises.
Rules for Tactical Component
- Each 2-person team will need one carbine in addition to each personal sidearm.
- Personal eye and ear protection required
- Each team is encouraged to bring their own door breeching device. Police Fitness will have an extra one onsite for those who need one.
- Safety will be strictly enforced. Any muzzle sweep or unsafe action will result in team disqualification from this portion of event.
- Loading of weapons at RO command only; range is cold until given the command to make ready.
- Points based on both accuracy and time.
- In the event of a target malfunction, team must call ceasefire; if COF is completed prior to communicating to RO then the score will count.
- Round count not to exceed 50 rounds pistol, 20 rounds carbine per team.
- Must have active-duty law enforcement ID or security credentials to participate in tactical challenge